Elaboration of Land Use Master Plans and Tourism Management Plans for three priority tourist areas of the Departments of La Libertad and Usulután, in El Salvador
Client: Ministry of Tourism of the Government of El Salvador (MITUR)
Dates: January 2019 – July 2019
Summary: The general objective of the work is to have planning tools and territorial planning of the tourist activity in the priority tourist areas of the Balsam Coast (department of La Libertad), the Jiquilisco Bay and the municipalities of Alegría and Berlin (department of Usulután), including a total of 11 municipalities. A total of four strategic plans are developed for this: (1) Land Use Master Plan of the Balsam Coast; (2) Land Use Master Plan of the Jiquilisco Bay; (3) Land Use Master Plan of the municipalities of Alegría and Berlin; and a Tourism Management Plan for the Alegría Lagoon, a natural enclave of high value.
For the development of these plans, the following actions were carried out:
- Visits and tours of the territories;
- Participatory workshops with the main agents of the territory involved in tourism and socioeconomic development;
- Collection and analysis of primary and secondary information;
- Holding specific technical meetings with relevant actors in the territory;
- Systematization of information and elaboration of plans.