LAND-USE MASTER PLANS DEFINITION FOR THE COASTAL TOURISM MANAGEMENT IN PRIORITY AREAS OF LA LIBERTAD AND USULUTÁN DEPARTMENTS – EL SALVADOR
Client: Ministry of Tourism (MITUR), Government of El Salvador Funding: Interamerican Development Bank (IADB)
Dates: January 2019 – July 2019
The general objective of the project was to make available land-use planning tools for tourist activities in the priority tourist areas of the Department of La Libertad and The Department of Usulután, applying participative methodologies with the main stakeholders of the territory, where 11 municipalities were included.
Four strategic plans were developed:
- Land-use Master Plan for the Costa del Bálsamo;
- Land-use Master Plan for the la Bahía de Jiquilisco;
- Land-use Master Plan for the municipalities of Alegría.
- Tourist Management Plan for the laguna de Alegría.
- Land-use Master Plan for the municipalities Berlín;